Fancy holidaying on the Costa del Sol (the Sunshine Coast) in Spain for FREE? We stayed there for six weeks and it really does live up to its name. There was sunshine everyday and average temperatures of 35 degrees!
The house we were looking after was right on the Costa del Sol. It was perfectly located - a short drive East took us to Malaga, full of history, tourists and partying. A short drive West was Marbella, which is extremely fancy and teaming with celebrities!
Our immediate area still hadn't been discovered by tourists or celebrities, which meant we could have the beach and the sea to ourselves:
But what about the house itself? When we first started House Sitting we were only interested in living rent-free - and with high renting fees who wouldn't be interested in that?
However, we quickly learnt that it wouldn't just be any old free accommodation. More often than not the houses you will House Sit will be jaw-dropping.
And this House Sit was no exception, yes, this House Sit came with two pools and this was the main one:
- Read our Guide on How To Start House Sitting
- Have a look at our ebook Guide For First Time House Sitters this reveals how we found all our first House Sits in Australia - all of these lessons can be transferred to getting your first House Sit in Spain
- We found this particular House Sit from Trusted House Sitters and thus we highly recommend them. But no need to take our word for it, viewing their latest sits is free, so click here to see their latest Spanish House Sits. Maybe something will take your fancy!
Don't forget, House Sitting in Spain isn't the only option. So far we've House Sat in 8 European countries and half of Australia. If you'd like to read more about our adventures, try these:
- 5 Reasons to House Sit in Portugal
- The Ultimate House Sit
- What's it like to House Sit in Berlin?
- What's it like to House Sit in Finland?
So what do you think? Would you like to House Sit in Spain? Let us know in the comments below!
And don't forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with the latest House Sitting tips and tricks!
We're Laura and Tanbay, a British/German couple who have successfully weaselled our way out of the rat-race and want you to do the same! We also want to make it clear that we sometimes use “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.