1. House Sitting is an alternative to hotels - that's free!
Are you put off going to Italy because of the cost?
A great way to reduce your spendature is to cut out accommodation fees, because they are invariably a traveller's biggest expense (and indeed most people's biggest expense)!
A hostel can put you back €7 per day in Italy (at the very least). Hotels and AirBnB are considerably more (even with the €23 AirBnB discount we can give you).
House Sitting is very popular in Italy - especially with English/American expats. We often see House Sitting opportunities in Italy.
So yes, visit Italy, and stay for free - doesn't that sound great?
2. But wait, it's not just any free accommodation!
3. The Home Owners spoil you rotten
4. You'll find yourself enjoying areas you would probably never have discovered otherwise
We seriously love it so much here that we are strongly considering settling down here (once we're done House Sitting around the world)!
We get to walk around the area and through the vineyard everyday, which brings me onto the fifth reason to House Sit in Italy:
5. The Pets!!
- Check out our post about how to start House Sitting it has a few tips about (you guessed it) how to start House Sitting
- If you'd like even more tips, please check out our ebook House Sitting in Australia - a guide for first time house sitters, whilst it does have specific Australian related advice, it also reveals how we got our first sits and how you can do so too (location independent)!
- We also recommend signing up to Trusted House Sitters. We've been with them for two years now and they really are great - and the main reason we've been able to House Sit in 8 countries. If you would like a 10% discount for the membership, subscribe to our free mailing list now! (Subscribe here)
We're Laura and Tanbay, a British/German couple who have successfully weaselled our way out of the rat-race and want you to do the same! We also want to make it clear that we sometimes use “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.