In this ebook, I share the story of how we House Sat around Australia for nine months. Through honestly telling our story, you can see what House Sitting is really like and, perhaps more importantly, learn from our mistakes.
Apart from sharing our story it also reveals:
- What is House Sitting?
- Why choose House Sitting over Couchsurfing
- What's the application process like?
- How newbie House Sitters can get references - and why it is essential that they do
- How and why to get Police Checks
- How to write the perfect cover letter - what you must and must not include
- Why you should Skype with Homeowners before arriving - and what to talk about
- How you can work whilst House Sitting (and why you don't necessarily have to)
- What it's like to groom a dog
- What to do if a dog gets sick
- How to help a dog who misses their owner
It is the ideal ebook for anyone looking for advice on how to become a House Sitter, and for anyone who would like to know more about our adventures in Australia.
Because of House Sitting, we were able to spend nine months in Australia, staying in 8 different locations all across the country - from remote deserted beaches to party central cities. We saved an estimated $10,600 (£7,000/€9,150) on accommodation and had the time of our lives - so could you!
We're Laura and Tanbay, a British/German couple who have successfully weaselled our way out of the rat-race and want you to do the same! We also want to make it clear that we sometimes use “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.